Tomato & Basil Bruschetta
- 1 Fresh Baguette
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Handfuls Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 2 punnets of cherry tomatoes
- 2 Mozzarella Balls
- 2 Handfuls Sun roasted tomatoes
- Preheat you oven to 170C
- Cut your baguette into slices approximately 2 / 3 cm thick. Lay the slices on a baking tray and drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Put these in the oven for 25 mins, turning over halfway. Make sure to keep checking on these as oven cooking times do vary. You are aiming for the bruschetta to be lightly toasted and crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Trying a couple at this stage is of course, very necessary.
- Whilst these are cooking, finely chop your red onion, basil and cut up your tomatoes into small pieces. Add these to a large mixing bowl, along with the olive oil, white wine vinegar and seasoning. Thoroughly mix and allow the ingredients to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Remove your bruschetta from the oven and rub a peeled garlic clove on the surface of each one. The clove will slowly dissolve over each one. Use a couple of cloves if needed.
- Top each bruschetta with your tomato mix and add on top a fine slice of mozzarella. Garnish with a basil leaf and extra seasoning.
- Then eat the lot.