Roasted Parsnip & GreenLentils
- 5 Medium Parsnips
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 150g Green Lentils
- 2 Handfuls of Watercress
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Roasted Hazelnut
- Beetroot & Feta Dip
- Salt and Pepper
For the dressing-
- 6 Tablespoons Rapeseed Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon English Mustard
- 1 Clove of Crushed Garlic
- Set your oven to 180C. Peel and chop your parsnips into uniformly sized pieces. Spread them out in a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast them in the oven for approx 40 minutes, until they are golden brown and have a slight crisp to them.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add your lentils to 1.2l of water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 35 mins.
- To make the dressing it is very straightforward- add each of the sauces and oils to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Once the lentils are done, drain them and add them to a deep bowl. Then add your cooked parsnip and pour in your dressing (remember to mix it again, just before you add it) and stir everything together.
- Sprinkle on a tablespoon of chopped hazelnuts per portion and serve with a handful of watercress and beetroot dip.
This recipe has been adapted from that appearing in Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall’s cookbook ‘Veg’.